“If you’re not failing now and again is a sing that you are not doing anything innovative” -Woody Allen
This is an age of promise – fueled by the drive to discover and a dedication to a future without illness. As researchers relentlessly pursue the next breakthrough, they put us closer than ever to take down disease. We work to drive innovation and maximise the impact of our research investments to develop new ways of providing healthcare.
We support innovation through a variety of activities:
- Training healthcare professionals and supporting their movement within the economy
- Developing collaborative research and products
- Investing in major research capabilities
- Supporting manufactures to realise the potential of new technologies, develop ideas and make them a commercial success in the UK.
- Supporting impact-related capabilities such as Innovation and Knowledge Centres with implementing new Innovation products.